Threw is the act and the result of throwing (knock down, throw, eject or throw something). He concept usually used to name the Shooting which is done with a weapon, usually one of fire. For example: “Last night I heard several shots: I hope nothing serious has happened”, "The young man was shot in the leg and is admitted to the municipal hospital", "When the merchant resisted the theft, the criminals threatened to shoot his son".
In colloquial language, the action of pressing the trigger of a trigger is called weapon and at projectile That shoots. It should be noted that a firearm can eject a bullet with great speed thanks to the pressure it generates through a combustion process. Shots can pierce the body, destroy organs and cause death of the person who receives them.
Due to these potential lethal effects of the shots, the use of firearms is strictly regulated. Their possession and use require individuals to perform various practices and present certain certificates to obtain the qualification correspondent. The forces of security On the other hand, they usually have weapons to prevent and suppress crimes.
In the field of sport , is called shot at throwing a ball (ball). A archery (goal) in the soccer , to cite a possibility, occurs when a player drives the ball trying to score a goal. At basketball (or basketball ), the shots consist of throwing the ball towards the hoop (basket) in order to achieve a score.
Just in basketball there is a launch called free shot which is always carried out from the same point of the track, on a line that is 5.80 meters from the bottom and 4.60 from the board. It is usually done because of a sanction , for a technical or personal fault. If the player assigned for the free throw manages to score, then his team earns a point. It is an element of great importance for the resolution of the parties, since it usually takes place many times per meeting.
The expression within range It means that someone has a target within his reach that he intends to attack with a firearm or throwing weapon. For example, when the body of policeman He finds himself chasing a criminal, it is common for some of the officers to try at every step to have him shot to shoot him if he becomes violent, either against a hostage or another officer. Since a sniper cannot make the decision to shoot, it is normal to inform the superior in charge who already has the target shot when he wishes to know whether or not to proceed to immobilize him.
Let's look at other expressions that include this word:
* not even shot : neither of chance , no matter by what means they try to convince someone, at all, in any way;
* shoot out the butt : that a plan gives the opposite result as expected. If we think of a bullet that comes out of the weapon in the opposite direction to the target, then we can understand the meaning of this expression, since the aggressor ends up being the attacked;
* as a shot : extremely bad, badly bad. This is used to describe a situation that has not gone well, or the appearance of something or someone when we don't like it at all;
* They do not go around the shots : serves to explain that the guess or interpretation that the interlocutor has made of a given story is not correct, it is not entirely accurate;
* To shoot oneself : take your life with a gun.